Is it just me?

players come here
Xeon
Advanced Member

Postby Xeon » Sun Jun 01, 2003 5:24 am

...that ive never seen them use a grenade?

and, i found something weird.

i was playing with de_dust with 9 bots. it goes smooth then suddenly while i was dead/spectating, the map reloaded itself. the game seems to have continued without me as i have to join a team again. wth??

btw, the setting is in teamplay and used the Q2 3.20 executable.

requests:

can you add a "pause" command, seems to get handy when playing alone and taking a break.

and is the "moving by itself" problem fixed by now? it put me to death a good deal of times now.

also, is it possible to load multiple skins for a single team (like in CS)?

Thanks in advance.

tiger@sound.net
Advanced Member

Postby tiger@sound.net » Sun Jun 01, 2003 6:36 am

... Xeon,,, Bots throwing, anything, has been an "Open point" since my CGF days...

(Obtw, grenades have the nasty habit of hitting a player just like a "wall", not hurting them one bit and then bouncing right back at you like a BOOMING Boomerang!!! ) :)

And heck... Here are grenades, with several pounds of steel, that don't even cause minor impact damages with these DIRECT physical hits? :blink:

But, as a side-point, if a Ninja could throw his multitude of knives, then he would be VERY deadly in a medium-range or a near-contact fight. (He could be, just, out of range for his sword-play but still sticking you pretty good from there.) ;)

...I normally use Bot tests of "6 x 6" or "6 x 5" with me, playing on a team... And I have been left in the lurch many times after a game, mysteriously ends and then re-starts and plays on, without me in the action?

... a "Pause option" may not be practical or at all logical, for a modification that REALLY needs to satisfy the Online Team players, also... And it might cause a HIDDEN danger for them? (Me, I simply stop the game or PRAY that my Bots will protect me.) :)

PS... I have had team2 lose all its players and then my few players, with me watching, will simply run-around doing their thing without any opposition,,, forever. :(

... Is that "moving by itself" problem meaning that you will continue to move forwards, EVEN after you release the "forwards key"??? In that case, for a temporary fix, I smack and release the key, again, and this usually works for me... :) But, it can be very disturbing and even dangerous in a CLOSE combat situation.

But, all of these probs are most likely very small details that mSparks has WELL in Hand, already...

mSparks
Advanced Member

Postby mSparks » Sun Jun 01, 2003 9:06 am

all extremely good points.
a couple of comments:
bots and grenades, I almost got around to implimenting it a while ago, but because of the issues tiger pointed out its better waiting for team formations before they use them.
bots throwing knifes; they will do in the very near future.
the "moving by itself" problem, I believe only exists on slower machines (which makes it kinda hard for me to test, but I will), I have put some 'traps' in to stop it happening, but whether it has been fixed or not remains to be seen.
"the map reloaded itself" I too have seen this, I believe its caused by an unrecoverable overflow, however it is not just limited to ltktbm, and I have seen it quite a few times in a normal AQ2 game, hopefully I'll find the cause sometime soon (but like many a 'periodic' bug, that cant be replicated reliably, its very difficult to say 'its fixed').

"pause", actually, erm, why didn't I think of that :P, done.

"also, is it possible to load multiple skins for a single team (like in CS)?" from movie scripts, yes, however Im currently considering the best way todo human player characters who are playing in coop.

its great to be reminded of these now, I'm just getting ready to start a proper beta test, and 'things to watch out for' are extremely usefull.

oh, and tiger, as a side point, 6vs6/6vs5, if you set 'numclients 12' 6 bots will join each team in teamplay, if you then join a team, one of the bots will be removed and the teams (should) remain equal-however I think up to 1.45RC1.1 it sometimes removes a bot from the wrong team..
© Mark 'mSparks' Parker 2010
<pubkey>AJXzWKeV59HaoUkmrCwP9f+kMr8aOIM
jMKy7ACsaRDCE/XuF0orj/jActtfWDMKjg/CixI7JP0Z6lbS99dc
86fxDIQOmfIU8BNYKPmlPA/uY3ZpT9/4iQY0XwKad5eJhDFW
cZ2Z4VUWJzlbuoX/QV4ihTVkr9JnyJb+fN9AOqXH9AQAB</pubkey>

mSparks
Advanced Member

Postby mSparks » Sun Jun 01, 2003 9:05 pm

I can think of a perfect use for pause, movie scripts apart from their teamplay aspects (will eventually) also provide a 'single player' story line, due to the versitile and simple nature of these scripts, coupled with close to 200 AQ2 maps, well its going to be kinda epic, pause and save will be invaluable, save wont come till later, pause was simple.

like i said with the 'button locked when its not' issue, I have already added one or two automated 'traps' to try and catch it happening, the problem with traps is they may not be in the right place, and I wont be able to tell untill it leaves here for the second stage of testing. When the private beta is ready, I'll pass it onto someone near me who suffers from the problem, and pass them new builds untill its fixed. I know its a complete nightmare of an issue, but since I cant test for it here it will have to wait untill other aspects are being tested.
© Mark 'mSparks' Parker 2010

<pubkey>AJXzWKeV59HaoUkmrCwP9f+kMr8aOIM
jMKy7ACsaRDCE/XuF0orj/jActtfWDMKjg/CixI7JP0Z6lbS99dc
86fxDIQOmfIU8BNYKPmlPA/uY3ZpT9/4iQY0XwKad5eJhDFW
cZ2Z4VUWJzlbuoX/QV4ihTVkr9JnyJb+fN9AOqXH9AQAB</pubkey>

Return to “LTK TBM Clients”