PElockNT

players come here
Reaps

Postby Reaps » Wed Feb 12, 2003 11:01 pm

Ok, Q2 wont start anymore, it could be because of something.. mebbie d/lin tbm.. mebbie not

Do you use PElockNT? or know what it does? How to get rid of the damned thing would be very nice as well.

It's an encryption program for exe's... and every time I go to run q2 it shuts it down.. I havent installed PElockNT so I have nfi where it came from really.

Any help would be very nice.. I't has perma fucked the q2 exe.. I cannot extract the exe from the 3.20 update says its not allowed and PElock NT flashes up. Can't replace it as I tryed to replace with nocheat q2 exe.. But the exe just appears as like a square.. whoite icon not the q2 exe.

Its used by programers (PElockNT) so you might be able to help me.

Hope you can! :(

smurphster
Advanced Member

Postby smurphster » Thu Feb 13, 2003 1:01 am

never heard of it. check control panel -> add/remove programs to see if its in there. hit ctrl+alt+del and see if there's a process running that you don't recognize. i'm really lost. can you give me a little more detail about what happens?

mSparks
Advanced Member

Postby mSparks » Thu Feb 13, 2003 1:23 am

OK, PElocknt is not something we use, or something I've heard of before you mentioned it.

However I have just been looking into its specs. Basically it a exe/dll packer to help prevent reverse engineering of programs (also totally worthless, since it only adds about 60 seconds onto the time it takes to reverse enginneer a program).

Its typically used by anti cheat organisations who are c**p at programming. The chances are it has corrupted one of the program files in the quake 2 folder.

try replacing the quake2.exe and any gamex86.dll files with there origonal versions (the quake 2 one is in the baseq2 folder) what it sounds likes happened is somethings replaced the gamex86.dll file in the baseq2 folder which is the reason its not working when you try to use the original quake2.exe.

If you want to get access to individual files in the 3.20 update, open up winzip (start>programs>winzip), click file>open archive, select files of type "Archives, Encoded and exe files" then open the 3.20 exe file from there (p.s. use winzip classic interface, not winzip wizard)

hope this helps, other than being sure its not something thats come from ltktbm theres not much more I can say.
© Mark 'mSparks' Parker 2010
<pubkey>AJXzWKeV59HaoUkmrCwP9f+kMr8aOIM
jMKy7ACsaRDCE/XuF0orj/jActtfWDMKjg/CixI7JP0Z6lbS99dc
86fxDIQOmfIU8BNYKPmlPA/uY3ZpT9/4iQY0XwKad5eJhDFW
cZ2Z4VUWJzlbuoX/QV4ihTVkr9JnyJb+fN9AOqXH9AQAB</pubkey>

Reaps

Postby Reaps » Thu Feb 13, 2003 6:07 am

Thankyou!

Hmm update, its nocheat 1.20 that did it. =p

GG nocheat.

mSparks
Advanced Member

Postby mSparks » Sun Feb 16, 2003 10:53 am

I knew it would be one of them, I've proved many a time that anti-cheat programs are ussually more hassle than their worth, and to be honest, they rarely do much for very long, and never make up for a good admin (hmmm bot admins, now theres an idea :P). I have been impressed by some implimentations, some of which I may incorparate into ltktbm edition at a later date.
Client side anti-cheat programs are simply the worst, so much can go wrong when installing them and they provide nothing but a prospective cheater easy access to test their cheats. My personal view is, if an anti-cheat program needs downloading client side, its written by overparanoid coders who havn't got a clue (or simply dont care) about the types of problems faced by the end user.
© Mark 'mSparks' Parker 2010

<pubkey>AJXzWKeV59HaoUkmrCwP9f+kMr8aOIM
jMKy7ACsaRDCE/XuF0orj/jActtfWDMKjg/CixI7JP0Z6lbS99dc
86fxDIQOmfIU8BNYKPmlPA/uY3ZpT9/4iQY0XwKad5eJhDFW
cZ2Z4VUWJzlbuoX/QV4ihTVkr9JnyJb+fN9AOqXH9AQAB</pubkey>

Return to “LTK TBM Clients”