LTK TBM interim news

players come here
mSparks
Advanced Member

Postby mSparks » Tue Jun 24, 2003 3:47 pm

two big bugs now appear to be fixed...
SZ_Getspace: msg overflow for %s and the 'im a key, and I decide to stick'
overall quality is now looking pretty awesome, even if I do say so myself. Im going to have a go through exactly where we're up to, with a view to putting out the next test release shortly.
© Mark 'mSparks' Parker 2010
<pubkey>AJXzWKeV59HaoUkmrCwP9f+kMr8aOIM
jMKy7ACsaRDCE/XuF0orj/jActtfWDMKjg/CixI7JP0Z6lbS99dc
86fxDIQOmfIU8BNYKPmlPA/uY3ZpT9/4iQY0XwKad5eJhDFW
cZ2Z4VUWJzlbuoX/QV4ihTVkr9JnyJb+fN9AOqXH9AQAB</pubkey>

mSparks
Advanced Member

Postby mSparks » Thu Jun 26, 2003 8:32 pm

MP5, shotgun and M4 now come fitted with a flashlight, which can be toggled with the command 'flashlight'

tiger@sound.net
Advanced Member

Postby tiger@sound.net » Thu Jun 26, 2003 9:54 pm

... mSparks, this is excellent news !!!

(With, only, a small TBM team of independent and uncontrol-able bots, I cannot really be backed-up for any careful Sniper Rifle work... They are always running away for their own needs, that seem to be driven by their search and find, non-team oriented logic.)

So, recently, I have been using the MP5 as my own and very needed "survive weapon".

(PS... Will this flashlight spotlight any target from any distance?)
This will be great for identifying a friendly target in the dark!!!

... Thanks ... :D

mSparks
Advanced Member

Postby mSparks » Thu Jun 26, 2003 10:26 pm

its similar (same code....) as the HL spotlight, except it works properly in multiplayer.

Bot radio commands, coverme, go and taking fire are the next things to be added after some camping code. the 'coverme' in combination with the camping code will do just what your looking for.

spotlight: compatible with standard Q2 (although standalone 'feels' better), works in both software and openGL
SS time:

tiger@sound.net
Advanced Member

Postby tiger@sound.net » Sat Jun 28, 2003 1:53 am

mSparks, that spotlight sounds excellent !!!

And those Bot radio commands sound very good, also...

Let me guess a little bit...

"coverme" to have bots stay around you, even without enemies???
(And, this may act like a "Team Leader" command, also?)

"go" to have bots go away and play somewhere else? :)

"taking fire" to call bots to you from their present searches and fights, perhaps? ( I found this in CGF, also... The bots show up, look around, fight and then go back "home", from where they started.)

But your "camping code" seems to be a bit present, already, from my "city" map playing with your nodes???

And hopefully, "coverme" with this"camping code" might LOCK them, a bit, in place... And then maybe I can position myself, so they will not readily SHOOT me or "cover me" with their BULLETs, you might say??? :)

... mSparks, I enjoy your "Real World Reality" of having Friendly Fire... It actually makes you think about your positions with your team mates, all the time, during a fire fight.

(PS... William's CGF had Friendly Fire, permanently, turned-off and it never did feel right being able to shoot right through your team mates.) B)

... Tiger ...
((( Sounds lots lots of FUN with TONs of changes... Thanks!!! )))

mSparks
Advanced Member

Postby mSparks » Sat Jun 28, 2003 7:23 am

there is a bit of camping code already there with relation to the movie scripts, the true camping code however generates 'camp nodes' in realtime and is a learnt aspect rather then something thats 'specified'.

thanks with relation to the FF, I was contemplating disabling it by default, but ill just make sure the 'flags' option of the start menu, allows it to easily be disabled. (not sure if its there already, but theres some new additions to make anyhow)

smurphster
Advanced Member

Postby smurphster » Tue Jul 15, 2003 3:12 am

he mentioned uploading the next release last tuesday but he never let me know if (or where) it ever went live. he's been gone on business since then. i'm sure he'll stop back here soon after his return.

mSparks
Advanced Member

Postby mSparks » Tue Jul 15, 2003 10:39 pm

thanks that would be great, Ive been picking things which I can guess are wanted features (such as the spotlight and lens controls, but the best suggestions always come from the AQ2 community which I love so much :P

I passed the release round a few friends and they highlighted a few minor glitches which I touched up. Ive had an email from Garin Hiebert of creative stating new openAL builds are on route to the general public, so i've just started putting the new code through its paces to see how things have been improved, needless to say things are sounding great, but we'll have to wait and see how the new audio code performs on different machines.
Some new screenshots are on their way to wet your appetite a bit and I'll be putting the new main page up later on this morning.

mSparks
Advanced Member

Postby mSparks » Thu Jul 17, 2003 9:28 pm

afaik, nocheat is exe only, and (should) work fine with ltktbm as is now and in the future, the main interest would be the integration of menu, particle and audio code, I had a (short) conversation with Bryce and its basically been left at a "maybe in the future".

one thing however that will definately be in one of the later releases is the option for an online server to force use of standard quake2 or aq2 exe's and their video engines (therefore preventing engine source hacks, of which there are quite a few).

as long as TBM is compatible when playing on other servers, you can count me in as using TBM as my permanent aq2 client.

which was one of the reasons for adding the 'lens' command, and yes, always will be, there is no forseable reason to break backwards compatibility with any of the code. Even stuff such as the spotlight doesn't break backwards compatibility, it just wont turn on, on none tbm servers

PS: would there be a way for me to beta test your future releases?

Yes, registered forum members will soon be getting their hands on the test releases. (should already be out, but I'm not quite done with polishing yet).

definition: Polishing = finding bugs or problems that dont really cause problems, but detract from the overall quality, e.g. <a href='http://mods.moddb.com/gallery/964/5054/' target='_blank'>http://mods.moddb.com/gallery/964/5054/</a>

slacker
Advanced Member

Postby slacker » Fri Jul 18, 2003 7:16 am

well you've convinced me to register an account.. but i dont see any difference when logged in compared to not being logged in. if you could privately message me where ill be able to find the beta test download i'd appreciate it. thanks again
<a href='http://www.partydome.us/' target='_blank'>http://www.partydome.us/</a>

Xeon
Advanced Member

Postby Xeon » Fri Jul 18, 2003 12:06 pm

slacker wrote: well you've convinced me to register an account.. but i dont see any difference when logged in compared to not being logged in. if you could privately message me where ill be able to find the beta test download i'd appreciate it. thanks again

i think he meant it was supposed to be out some time ago but didnt happen because hes still tweaking up things. though im not sure if he means select registered forum members will get that chance or it will be applicable to all members. in any case, i want the damn update as well so im taking this chance for a permission :D

BTW msparks, you said before that youll be using your own customized Q2 3.21 executable rather the Q2ICE engine. have you included blood with it (cause i think Q2ICE's blood is far better than AQ2 blood splats)?

mSparks
Advanced Member

Postby mSparks » Fri Jul 18, 2003 2:46 pm

though im not sure if he means select registered forum members

to begin with, it'll just be registered forum members, if we start getting bogg'd down with people asking silly questions in the wrong places I may change it at a later date, however a few select forum members will get access to their own discussion forum in which to make posts that they feel should be more private.

registered forum members should now be able to see and download from the beta tester catagory, Its uploading now, so i guess this it :blink:

mSparks
Advanced Member

Postby mSparks » Wed Aug 06, 2003 1:10 pm

generally happy with what I've got ready for you now, two more things that I need todo are the movie scripts for the maps that have been added, and .wal conversion for the new bq2 images, Ive decided to skip a few package version numbers with this to bring the overall package version in line with the ltktbm version, it was causing to much confusion, so this next test release goes straight in at 1.7b
moviescripts still need quite a lot of work and testing, and some scripts are better than others, but considering this is such a new developement in ltktbm its still not bad, the biggest fixes will probably come when I get some inspiration for the single player story threads, which is still not implimented. of course teamplay and deathmatch should be ni on perfect
so, the changelog for the next test release:
LTKTBM Changelog, mSparks
Last updated: August. 6, 2003 - 14:10 [GMT]
==========
ltktbm 1.7(included in test release 1.3b->1.7b)
==========
holding down fire when using the sniper rifle now holds zoom untill released.(kudos tiger('s daughter))
Teamplay combat sword is back to lin kuei training, with no leg damage on fall
sniper rifle now causes reduced damage when delfected by a sword.
fixed dedicated server crash (eh!)
genades now eject smoking debris and also cause damage over a wider radius when exploding under water.
bots team killing much improved.
bot dispersion and pause code added/fixed.
added the following maps to installer: actcity3,cliff2,murder.
improved teamjungle gfx(thnx to BLeacH)
ladder movement should now be much improved.
fixed bot skill issue when they switched from one enemy to another
taught bots to use grenades.
fixed movie script 'pause and wait' code for leaders (range=0)
fixed an issue with changing many config strings causing overflows
"cl_partflash 0/1"<-client side particle muzzleflashes,
New smoke and explosion effects.
improved stainmap code.
client side clipped decals for splats and bulletholes (bholelimit and splatlimit now default to 0 to reflect this)
effects menu back + updated.
fixed issue with linkfile preventing finding linked textures in their non primary folder.

mSparks
Advanced Member

Postby mSparks » Thu Aug 14, 2003 8:15 pm

ok so cl_pure some textures and some other odds and ends have been tidied up. going to run it through some decent testing tommorow so I can justify a beta then decide what todo next.

slacker
Advanced Member

Postby slacker » Mon Aug 18, 2003 12:11 pm

i have to say, those new teamjungle textures kick a lot of fucking ass :D

aq2 needs more textures like them. definitely better than the original.

cant wait to get my hands back on gl_modulate, hehe.
<a href='http://www.partydome.us/' target='_blank'>http://www.partydome.us/</a>

Return to “LTK TBM Clients”