when you can teach....

players come here
mSparks
Advanced Member

Postby mSparks » Tue Aug 05, 2003 9:38 pm

up untill now much of the training bots recieve comes directly from me and is hard coded directly into their behaviour. The biggest 'lessons' they recieve come in the form of nodefiles and playing with weapons to see what works best.
however, after this next release is out, aside from any bugfixes and feature enhancements I feel the need to add, much more emphasis is going to go into training our sneaky friends to behave in certain ways. Much of this will be 'automatic' in the sense that they will learn lots simply by playing, such as where players come from, wheres good places to hide, when they're in imminant danger (one of the scariest features of the old TBM, they quickly gained almost a 6th sense of what would happen next, to the point of almost dodging bullets).
so, if you could teach them anything you wanted, what would be your 'lesson for the day' in the TBM school of genocide?
© Mark 'mSparks' Parker 2010
<pubkey>AJXzWKeV59HaoUkmrCwP9f+kMr8aOIM
jMKy7ACsaRDCE/XuF0orj/jActtfWDMKjg/CixI7JP0Z6lbS99dc
86fxDIQOmfIU8BNYKPmlPA/uY3ZpT9/4iQY0XwKad5eJhDFW
cZ2Z4VUWJzlbuoX/QV4ihTVkr9JnyJb+fN9AOqXH9AQAB</pubkey>

hafAkat

Postby hafAkat » Wed Aug 06, 2003 9:09 am

not like this is really possible but....
I'd teach the bots some of the insane jumps of aq2

mSparks
Advanced Member

Postby mSparks » Wed Aug 06, 2003 11:15 am

you should already be able to, they can now (already in 1.6, before ladders were fixed) manage the (small) strafe jump on murder from the middle building to the one next to the sign, I they should also be able to manage the urban ones.
its a little tricky tho, one thing I might add is the automatic removal of nodes added if you make a mistake and fall to your death when making a routefile.
Im thinking more advanced tatics like those discussed within clans, the more focused their communication the easier it is to teach them.
its been a while since i was clanned and we were never very good.
© Mark 'mSparks' Parker 2010

<pubkey>AJXzWKeV59HaoUkmrCwP9f+kMr8aOIM
jMKy7ACsaRDCE/XuF0orj/jActtfWDMKjg/CixI7JP0Z6lbS99dc
86fxDIQOmfIU8BNYKPmlPA/uY3ZpT9/4iQY0XwKad5eJhDFW
cZ2Z4VUWJzlbuoX/QV4ihTVkr9JnyJb+fN9AOqXH9AQAB</pubkey>

smurphster
Advanced Member

Postby smurphster » Thu Aug 07, 2003 4:50 am

all i have is 3 words:

uNF! uNF! uNF!

i feel corpse raping is a very important element in aq2

anyway..... how about listening for footsteps then planning ahead to ambush someone?

Return to “LTK TBM Clients”