"pause"=15; - how long to wait at start node, + random 0>15 seconds

"name"="iceT";
"team"=1;
"start"=782;
"skill"=8;
"pause"=35;
"weapon"="M4";

[TEAM1GOAL]
"description"="The gansters kingpin, M. Wallis is reportedly on the opposite side of the city, get him, and protect Butch from the Gangsters";
"type"="hostage";
"name"="Wallis";
"start"=363;
"finish"=501;
"health"=100;
"speed"=400;
"skin"="male/marsell";
"weapon"="MP5/10 Submachinegun";

[TEAM2GOAL]
"description"="Butch has been captured and is giving unknown infomation to the police, rescue him at all costs";
"type"="hostage";
"name"="Butch";
"start"=524;
"finish"=234;
"health"=100;
"speed"=400;
"skin"="male/mclaine";
"weapon"="MP5/10 Submachinegun";
"heldmodel"=""models/objects/rope/tris.md2";

[TEAM1WIN] - team 1 completes all goals, and team2 does not.
"type"="config";
"name"="city1.cfg";
"display"="The Police successfully wiped out the criminal element";

[TEAM2WIN]
"type"="mapchange";
"name"="winter";
"display"="The Gangster own the city, The Police force must turn to other means to earn their keep";

there will also be [TEAM1/2LOSE] for if stuff wants doing if a team loses its goal (i.e. hostages KIA).
© Mark 'mSparks' Parker 2010
<pubkey>AJXzWKeV59HaoUkmrCwP9f+kMr8aOIM
jMKy7ACsaRDCE/XuF0orj/jActtfWDMKjg/CixI7JP0Z6lbS99dc
86fxDIQOmfIU8BNYKPmlPA/uY3ZpT9/4iQY0XwKad5eJhDFW
cZ2Z4VUWJzlbuoX/QV4ihTVkr9JnyJb+fN9AOqXH9AQAB</pubkey>

tiger@sound.net
Advanced Member

Postby tiger@sound.net » Sat Sep 27, 2003 8:01 pm

... Hello mSparks... This looks like an EXCELLENT "plan".

(Let me start, simply at first... But please excuse my DEPTH.) :)

Would your example, above, be a replacement for the named "city.cfg" in all of our "mission" directories?

And the "city" map would be presumed and loaded by your "city.cfg" name and then any prefixed versions, ie: city-1.cfg, city-2.cfg, etc? (The dash or an underscore naming-standard might be nice for maps with numbers, already?)

But,,, having the map's name, simply specfied with some more syntax and not a requirement on the file's name, MIGHT help lead to some very nice .cfg file naming-structures and standards for a particular movie title or for a special adventure, perhaps...

!1 -version
map=city.bmp; - or whatever syntax, you like? :)
[CONFIG]
"noweap","sword";

(PS.. Map syntax was a part of William's CGF syntax-structure within his .cgf files, as "map city", from the very beginning.)

... Tiger...
(Ps... Sorry about my CGF overviewing habit.) :(
((( Totally off topic... mSparks those very random Bot generated grenade BLASTs are LOTs of EDGY fun, as NASTY little random SURPRISEs!!!))) Thanks... :)

... Back to your current syntax...
"pause"=15; - how long to wait at start node, + random 0>15 seconds

I do like pausing a unit of Bots for a bit of added random-effect OR for a "nicer" penality, then LOSING Bots after a LOSS.

Also, this might give a human leader the chance to make a realistic decision about waiting for his paused Bot team or continuing, ahead, without them.

And, of course, having unknown or distant Bot teams randomly arrive to the RESCUE might be quite a bit of fun, also? (So,,, you thought that you just WON... Oops!!! Now,,, here comes their backup.)

(Small question, here... Will paused bots BREAK the command upon seeing the enemy or being hit, etc?)

QUOTEs (From the Private Testing section.)
(... I copied ALL this to keep it CLOSE to the Syntax.) :)

My quote...
(The first "0 for Range" should make the bot camp until contact.)

Your quote, mSparks...
Im just getting back onto mission script in a sec, it might be that Ive got the times wrong for waiting, range 0 is still supposed to make them stay and wait for an ememy sighting, however I had to put a time limit on how long they stand around after I left it running on moviescript and came back to find to leaders waiting on opposite sides of temple not doing anything.

... mSparks, I have seen a bit of this "Non-Playing Bot" effect, myself...
Bots as "paused" enemy guards and as "neutral" prisoners, simply, standing in an un-visited area of the map...

They will simply SIT THERE like scenery, forever, waiting for the other paused or captive bots to do SOMETHING... (And if you are DEAD, you will, only, get to watch their problem and not interact to change their status.)

So,,, when ALL human-players have DIED, then simply end the game, 10 or so seconds later??? (Heck... We have played "our game" and we are all spectators, now... So,,, now,,, to me,,, it's time for the "score board",,, Folks!!!) :)

And, here's a "nothing" idea, of mine, for an invisible force...

You have...
"heldmodel"=""models/objects/rope/tris.md2";

I have added another model called "models/objects/force/tris.md2";
(It can be copied from the rope model and then simply, pushing down the graphics to make an invisible "force" that's holding the Captive... (just a thought)

... And I noticed that "skill" is not mentioned with Hostage???
(I was thinking about such "Greats", such as Lara Croft, as being one DANGEROUS little hostage, once she's released. :)

mSparks
Advanced Member

Postby mSparks » Wed Nov 05, 2003 12:59 pm

ok, a lots been happening recently, which the large majority of you know nothing about :P, but rest assured its all good. I received a glowing recommendation of the <a href='http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Cookbook/Python/Recipe/231516' target='_blank'>Python</a> programming language yesterday, so its looking highly likely that I will use it for the movie scripts, so, if your interested in writing new movie scripts for ltktbm, its probably a good idea to have a browse through the <a href='http://www.python.org/' target='_blank'>Python website</a> to get a feel for it and give me some feedback.
Im still working on the various developement tools for the next release, and getting some serious content together for a release sometime in the very near future.

tiger@sound.net
Advanced Member

Postby tiger@sound.net » Thu Nov 06, 2003 4:48 pm

... mSparks,,, now,,, that is a very classy way to tell folks to leave you alone... B)

Simply, give them a totally un-associated language to "research", instead of the "actual" Quake2 Bot AI macros work that needs to be done and then tell them to learn it or to go,,, fetch, you might say... :rolleyes:

... Tiger...
(Sorry to have disturbed... I understand... Too many people with too many ideas ALL seems like, simply, too much noise for your ears... A thousand apologies and poof... Gone like Casper.) :)

mSparks
Advanced Member

Postby mSparks » Fri Nov 07, 2003 2:41 pm

lol, far from it my friend, Its just that from what Im getting ready for you all, Its a bit of background info.

from what I gather with the language, it supposed to be nice and easy... and is, in fact, used a lot more than you might think. Its likely, that the first structure above will stay very similar, however from a movie scriptor pov it will give you a ton of extra power while making your movie scripts, and best of all, its cross platform and OS compatible.

consider a simple hostage rescue scenareo, in the first instance, you define the hostage start and finish point. However with python, you can write a small randomisation function to be included within the script which randomises the start point, and this script will then run on both the linux and windows versions.

Since it gives you the capability to actively add code into the movie script engine, but as overall control is still based on the tbm_ai code you can get as much or as little into it as you wish, but by using python it adds an level of capabiities which otherwise might not be possible.

I do like pausing a unit of Bots for a bit of added random-effect OR for a "nicer" penality, then LOSING Bots after a LOSS.

for example if you come up with other great ideas like this, while your making scripts, you wont need to wait for a new version to come out add these capabilities, just write a small script to control when bots are defined.

It looks like the best way to impliment this will be to make moviescripts two parts, one part being a python moviescript reader, the other being the config/data itself. if for a moviescript the standard parts will surfice, you just use the standard python code and change the data, however if the standard layout doesn't provide the cababilities you want (for example to make a hostage start in different places each round, or losing bots after a loss) you can add to the open python code to add the capabilities you want.

Return to “Movie Scripts”