Installer Issues

bug reports/issues with ltktbm
Xeon
Advanced Member

Postby Xeon » Fri Apr 04, 2003 8:16 pm

the full install gives me an error message after installation (thank goodness :D),

maybe ill just show a log from an msi logfile in the windows\temp folder

4/3/03 22:31:41 (Error  ) Product: Action Quake 2 -- Error 1406. Could not write value MainFeature to key UNKNOWN\Features\A1AD28127CC37D11FA4F000459332375.  System error .  Verify that you have sufficient access to that key, or contact your support personnel.

i thought its just my PC, until ive installed ltktbm on my friends PC (running on win98 if that matters). what does that mean?

im about to report some observations from a few routes from the waypoint packs. but then again, its all about bot performance issues, so....nah :P

mSparks
Advanced Member

Postby mSparks » Sat Apr 05, 2003 10:30 am

I've seen it do something similar on my XP system, but the error it gave there wasn't important and it still ran.
I'll be swapping to Wise for the next full release (just that installer2go was quick and easy) so I think its just down to that, tbh the program doesn't need a registry key anyway, I think its just for the installer app.
great, I'm moving onto node file issues shortly so any help would be greatly appreciated
© Mark 'mSparks' Parker 2010
<pubkey>AJXzWKeV59HaoUkmrCwP9f+kMr8aOIM
jMKy7ACsaRDCE/XuF0orj/jActtfWDMKjg/CixI7JP0Z6lbS99dc
86fxDIQOmfIU8BNYKPmlPA/uY3ZpT9/4iQY0XwKad5eJhDFW
cZ2Z4VUWJzlbuoX/QV4ihTVkr9JnyJb+fN9AOqXH9AQAB</pubkey>

Xeon
Advanced Member

Postby Xeon » Sat Apr 05, 2003 5:44 pm

regarding the node issues, im not sure but ive seen the bots go away from ertain places. an example would be in AGGRESSION map. a bot gets down at the sewers but when they reach the point where the ladder nears, they just get back.

another thing i did notice was on COV092 map. the bots roamed fairly well here, but one real problem here is the glass section of the map. it seems they cant check obstacles on their attacks. it happened to me once that 2 bots attacked each other with the glass between them and since they didnt managed to kill each other, it just kept going infinitely fighting through the glass.

on the HOSTAGE map, it seems they cant wait for the lift to go down completely before using it. like the problem on cov092, seems to be a bot limitation to me.

mSparks
Advanced Member

Postby mSparks » Sun Apr 06, 2003 5:43 pm

best way of finding bot issues:
join a map in deathmatch
type: sv botdebug on
type: sv addbot
type: ltk_showpath 1
this will add a bot, which will use you as its goal (ie it will set a path to you)

thanks for the glass info, this is one of the aspects that come under 'tbm code' which is something they will learn not to do in a later release.

dont worry about either platform or button usage, both these have been fixed by the AI in the old version 2, but other areas of the code require attention before before I put that back in.
© Mark 'mSparks' Parker 2010

<pubkey>AJXzWKeV59HaoUkmrCwP9f+kMr8aOIM
jMKy7ACsaRDCE/XuF0orj/jActtfWDMKjg/CixI7JP0Z6lbS99dc
86fxDIQOmfIU8BNYKPmlPA/uY3ZpT9/4iQY0XwKad5eJhDFW
cZ2Z4VUWJzlbuoX/QV4ihTVkr9JnyJb+fN9AOqXH9AQAB</pubkey>

Return to “LTKTBM BUG TRAQ”