Bot path follow

bug reports/issues with ltktbm
RiviEr
Advanced Member

Postby RiviEr » Thu Oct 16, 2003 9:25 pm

This is generaly a problem that most athours go trough, how bots can follow a set of waypoints linked together without causing the bots to get stuck in a trail, being a static bot.

This problem is with ltktbm. Bots always fly when the usaly need to get to a point that leads up, or down.

A friend of mine said he managed to fix this, you can download the source here.

<a href='http://www.playspoon.com/awf/redirect.php?url=public/NewLTK%20Bot/newltksrc.zip' target='_blank'>http://www.playspoon.com/awf/redirect.php?...t/newltksrc.zip</a>
However, i have not looked at the code myself.

-RiviEr

tiger@sound.net
Advanced Member

Postby tiger@sound.net » Fri Oct 17, 2003 7:10 pm

... RiviEr,,, I am very glad that you brought this subject, up, with some code for a "cure", perhaps? :)

I started really studying Bot Behavior and Suicide Mistakes, since the early days of Computer Generated Forces, CGF, by William... (Excellent FUN, by the way.)

And, may I say that a lot of bots could greatly reduce or even, STOP their falling damage by simply walking-off, instead of ALWAYs JUMPING, from a second-story position. :(

... Tiger...
(There could be some very nice changes, with this very core Bot improvement?)

... Just stumbled through the source and "bot_movement.c", within ACESRC, looks like the Place??? :) But, I never did like William's suicide option for a stuck bot... (They can get free and added a lot of variable play.)

And THIS kind of message would be a CHUCKLE???
"BestDir : Ouch! Not going there\n");" :)

Heck, they might even seem just a bit more Human, with normal falling, also? B)

RiviEr
Advanced Member

Postby RiviEr » Fri Oct 17, 2003 11:09 pm

Yeah, i did not like the kill option either... :( , ive talked to William the other day here, hopely he will release the code, that will speed up things allot.

-RiviEr

tiger@sound.net
Advanced Member

Postby tiger@sound.net » Sun Oct 19, 2003 4:10 pm

... Thank you, RiviEr...
(I have not communicated with William for quite some time.) :(

And RiviEr, IF you are refering to some of his CGF code, then Bravo to, both, you and to William !!! :)

I think that having two Action Quake Wizards on the current LTK/TBM project would make for a great bit of FUN, for all !!!

... Tiger...
(And RiviEr, please pass-on my apologies to William for any offenses that I might have commited with him... Thank you.) :rolleyes:

mSparks
Advanced Member

Postby mSparks » Sun Oct 19, 2003 4:24 pm

welchies, Ive got to make routes for about 4 more maps for general AI testing purposes, then its going to be some serious testing/playing/scaring fun :P

AFAIK, the only thing its really missing now is the extra button stuff, for now they just cheat with most of the buttons, activating from a distance the button they think they should be using, but I know for a fact the way it is now wont work on maps like subway or apbase. but they now sus the lift in matrix2 and blockwar automatically. once I'm sure they've activating the right buttons at the right time, ill change it so they use the buttons as a temporary goal, but for now its better this way (faster for testing purposes)
© Mark 'mSparks' Parker 2010
<pubkey>AJXzWKeV59HaoUkmrCwP9f+kMr8aOIM
jMKy7ACsaRDCE/XuF0orj/jActtfWDMKjg/CixI7JP0Z6lbS99dc
86fxDIQOmfIU8BNYKPmlPA/uY3ZpT9/4iQY0XwKad5eJhDFW
cZ2Z4VUWJzlbuoX/QV4ihTVkr9JnyJb+fN9AOqXH9AQAB</pubkey>

Return to “LTKTBM BUG TRAQ”