item model sizes

bug reports/issues with ltktbm
mSparks
Advanced Member

Postby mSparks » Thu Sep 25, 2003 12:51 pm

I've noticed this mainly from screenshots more than in game, - dont pay a great deal of attention to them unless I need them, but the dropped items seem far to large, body armour/bandolier twice the width of a player etc? what you reckon? bring em down for the next release?
© Mark 'mSparks' Parker 2010
<pubkey>AJXzWKeV59HaoUkmrCwP9f+kMr8aOIM
jMKy7ACsaRDCE/XuF0orj/jActtfWDMKjg/CixI7JP0Z6lbS99dc
86fxDIQOmfIU8BNYKPmlPA/uY3ZpT9/4iQY0XwKad5eJhDFW
cZ2Z4VUWJzlbuoX/QV4ihTVkr9JnyJb+fN9AOqXH9AQAB</pubkey>

tiger@sound.net
Advanced Member

Postby tiger@sound.net » Thu Sep 25, 2003 2:52 pm

... Great idea, mSparks!!!

(To me, every little bit of Reality helps to add to, perhaps, one of TBM's over-all goals.)

Like:

"Get Real" and keep it there until you FEEL the Action!!! or something like that? B)

Xeon
Advanced Member

Postby Xeon » Thu Sep 25, 2003 4:54 pm

you said it yourself man, its barely noticeable ingame, so why bother? i would still like to see how it would look ingame though.

just curious, but how are you planning to change the "view" anyway? re-model?

mSparks
Advanced Member

Postby mSparks » Thu Sep 25, 2003 5:54 pm

yeah, just rescale the models
Image vs Image

some still need a little tweeking, its just theres something Ive really started to notice about these little things,
barely noticeable
seems to have a real nasty habit of subliminally spoiling stuff. barely noticable good effects have a real nice effect of giving the 'wow' factor, the surface debris is a great example, I made one called 'hot rock' for explosions, given that an explosion lasts for less than half a second, and the rocks last for about 1/10 of a second it falls well into the 'barely noticable' catagory, yet the difference between hot rock, and no hot rock is simply outstanding, kinda hard to catch on a screenshot though :P
© Mark 'mSparks' Parker 2010

<pubkey>AJXzWKeV59HaoUkmrCwP9f+kMr8aOIM
jMKy7ACsaRDCE/XuF0orj/jActtfWDMKjg/CixI7JP0Z6lbS99dc
86fxDIQOmfIU8BNYKPmlPA/uY3ZpT9/4iQY0XwKad5eJhDFW
cZ2Z4VUWJzlbuoX/QV4ihTVkr9JnyJb+fN9AOqXH9AQAB</pubkey>

Xeon
Advanced Member

Postby Xeon » Fri Sep 26, 2003 2:48 am

mSparks wrote: yet the difference between hot rock, and no hot rock is simply outstanding, kinda hard to catch on a screenshot though :P

yeah, i understand now - that feeling when that little detail is gone, like the blood splats when i play TBM with nocheat :D

the items were little obviously resized, nothings particularly striking about the image though, so i say its all good, implement it or not.

Return to “LTKTBM BUG TRAQ”