Sending email from any url

website support and requests
mSparks
Advanced Member

Postby mSparks » Sun Jan 19, 2003 5:32 pm

If you want to send emails from an address other than the 1 your ISP gives you, you have 2 choices:
1. <a href='http://www.postcastserver.com/' target='_blank'>Postcast server</a> - read the site, its basically an smtp server run from your own machine, the only disadvantage of this is you cannot send Emails to an AOL address

2. Put the smtp server address of your current isp using any email address you want (yes its as simple as that.

I have to use postcast server because I use AOL dialup atm, which wont let me send emails from an address other than mSparks@AOL.com, but proper smtp servers will let you send email from the address you set in 'your email' just go into setting and change your email to something different (for example README@microsift.com) then send one to yourself to test. You need a pop3 server with an account matching that email address to recieve replies.

Please do not abuse this, it is for people who need to legitamtely send emails from an account which either doesn't have a smtp server, or from an address which they cannot access (e.g. a ntlworld email address when dialed up from a supanet account.
© Mark 'mSparks' Parker 2010
<pubkey>AJXzWKeV59HaoUkmrCwP9f+kMr8aOIM
jMKy7ACsaRDCE/XuF0orj/jActtfWDMKjg/CixI7JP0Z6lbS99dc
86fxDIQOmfIU8BNYKPmlPA/uY3ZpT9/4iQY0XwKad5eJhDFW
cZ2Z4VUWJzlbuoX/QV4ihTVkr9JnyJb+fN9AOqXH9AQAB</pubkey>

Return to “HTML/Websites”